Highlights from the reports
- The results from trial showed that the C Disc is an efficient tool for divers to vacuuming sea urchins from the seabed.
- Using The C Disc , the divers would not have to stop to send bags to the surface and could continue to harvest and optimize their time on the bottom.
- In a commercial setting the CPUE (catch rate) is higher than other methods used for collecting sea urchins, such as trapping etc.
- Average catch rate 1,5 sea urchins per second by using The C Disc.
- Encrusting and fastening organisms appeared to be less affected by The C Disc and despite being the dominant bycatch, there appeared to be only a slight removal of the dominant snails/hermit crabs.
- In an area where the population is high, The C Disc would be very beneficial.